The most essential nutrients necessary for optimal red blood cell formation include: Iron, B6, B12, and Folate. Incorporating a variety of these nutrients in multiple ways will help ensure healthy red blood cell formation and optimal energy levels. Here are the best foods for optimal red blood cell formation plus some easy tips and tricks on how to use them:
1. Green Super Foods (Spirullina, Chlorella, Wheat Grass): Try adding these to your smoothies. Here is my favorite recipe:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 Tbsps of hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp spirullina
- 1 date
- 1 cup of nut milk
Instructions: Blend until smooth and enjoy!
2. Dark Leafy Greens (Kale, Chard, Spinach): My go to dressing for a simple kale salad is:
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nama shoyu, tamari or Braggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ serrano chile
Instructions: Blend until smooth.
3. Blackstrap Molasses: Because it has almost no sucrose in it, blackstrap molasses is very bitter so use carefully in savoury dishes as well as sweet recipes. It is high in calcium as well as in iron.
4. Beets: Shredded raw beets are an easy way to incorporate this blood building veggie into any salad or quinoa bowl.
5. Pumpkin: Roasted pumpkin is a great addition to a steamed veggie bowl with your favorite dressing!
6. Legumes: For better digestion, soak your legumes in filtered water with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar overnight. Discard the water, rinse and cook accordingly.
7. Goji Berries – Sprinkle these on a salad, blend in smoothies or enjoy on their own for an afternoon snack.
8. Black Sesame Seeds – Add a handful of these to your next baked muffin or bread batch.
9. Quinoa – Have you ever tried quinoa flatbread or using it to make a pizza crust? Check out our awesome recipe.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015