Looking for a healthy and easy grab and go snack? Make a green smoothie, store it in a jar and off you go. This makes a great morning ritual or snack in between meals. Arugula comes in mild and spicy varieties depending on where it’s grown, so you may want to take a quick sample of your arugula before tossing a lot into the blender. All of the ingredients combined together in this recipe actually make the flavor quite sweet and mild.
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1 rib of Celery
- 1 ripe Anjou Pear
- 1 small handful of cilantro (to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced (peeled & de-seeded)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of water or coconut water
Optional add ons:
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds
Instructions: Wash, chop and place all of your fruits, veggies and herbs into your blender. Add water in increments to get the consistency you desire. Blend on high for up to 30 seconds and enjoy. (You may need to blend longer if you have a low powered blender.) Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016