This smoothie contains a super food called Maca. Maca has been studied for its ability to help balance out male and female hormones and its ability to increase sexual desire and function in both men and women. We have written more on maca that you can read about here.
The smoothie is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as calcium, zinc, iron and magnesium. It’s delicious and will leave you feeling balanced and refreshed.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp spirulina
- 1 tsp lucuma
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- water or more almond milk as needed
Directions: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Sheleana is passionate about getting back to nature through real food and empowering women to walk the feminine path of self-care and deep self-awareness. She's a birth doula in Vancouver, BC She's an avid reader, intuitive culinary goddess and cat lady in the making.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016