Surprisingly, Basil adds an amazing flavor to this smoothie! Cherries are powerful anti-inflammatory fruits. Wild-blueberries have anti-oxidant properties that can keep you looking and feeling young. If you can get raw, unpasteurized coconut water (either in a coconut or from Exotic Superfoods or Harmless Harvest) it’s a great carrier liquid to use in smoothies.
Coconut water acts as a carrier by delivering nutrients straight into the blood stream. It was used in WW2 for blood transfusions on the battle field and is the most similar liquid to our blood plasma on the planet. This smoothie just so happens to be a natural anti-inflammatory, and a great choice for someone with arthritis or pain.
- 3-4 Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Wild blueberries (frozen)
- 1-2 cups of Water or Coconut Water
Instructions: Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth and enjoy.
3 Rawesome Facts about This Smoothie
1. You can eat cherries for a good source of Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, E, Folate and Fiber.
2. Basil is another amazing anti-inflammatory herb as it helps to block the enzyme that creates swelling in the body.
3. Blueberries are a beauty enhancing food with Vitamin E and other anti-oxidants that help fight free radicals and keep you feeling and looking young.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016