Orange and beets are a wonderful combination both in terms of nutrition and flavor. The bright citrus punch of your orange will marry perfectly with the more earthy flavor of the beet. The vitamin C content of the orange will also help to boost your body’s ability to absorb the iron found in the beets by up to 30%. You can eat this salad knowing you are doing your body (and your taste-buds) a favor.
- 1 cup arugula (also known as rocket)
- 1 medium beet, sliced thin on a mandolin or other veggie slicer
- 2 oranges, 1 juiced, one peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp unrefined sesame oil
- pinch of pink Himalayan or sea salt
- option to add 1 avocado, sliced
Instructions: Combine your sliced beet, your peeled and chopped orange, arugula and sesame seeds in a bowl. Next, whisk together your orange juice, sesame oil and salt in a separate bowl. Pour your dressing over your salad, toss and enjoy! Note: If you have a hard time digesting raw beets, you can lightly steam them first before mixing in with your salad.
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014