Dry skin brushing – I just love this procedure! It makes me feel so good like a mini massage. And I promise – you will love it too! This ritual comes between rebounding and a contrast shower in the morning. I was introduced to dry skin brushing in my immunology class during acupuncture school. It is a technique that I have used throughout the years and I can attest that when I do it regularly, I notice health improvements as well as glowing skin.
Your Skin The Detox Organ
Your skin is more than just a protective barrier; it’s also one of the most important organs that helps detoxify your body. It gets rid of nearly two pounds of toxins every day. What you put on your skin matters: many beauty products, deodorants, clothes, or even soaps can stop your skin from being healthy, and pull toxicity into your system. Keeping your skin healthy can help reduce the burden on other detoxification systems like your lungs, liver, and kidneys. Skin problems are not always superficial and may be an indicator that your body is struggling to detoxify properly.
The Many Benefits Of Skin Brushing
Dry skin brushing supports your skin as it detoxifies. Many people find it energizing, and it can help prevent and reduce illness by providing immune support. Dry brushing every morning unblocks pores and prevents dead skin from building up. It also aids your body in disposing of metabolic waste, allowing it to focus on fighting bacteria. The procedure can feel luxurious, and helps the lymphatic system function at its best. Lymph is one of your body’s support systems, located between the cells in almost all tissues. Like blood, it provides nourishment and collects waste. Brushing your skin prevents blockages of this system.
While your circulatory system is motivated by your heart, lymph can become clogged without regular exercise. As you experience more and more infections, your lymphatic system becomes bogged down with dead cell bodies. People who have chronic diseases are especially prone to coagulated lymph. By skin brushing, stretching, and exercising, you can breakdown and prevent blockages, encouraging your body to make more white blood cells and better at fighting off infections. It can also help you look healthier by improving the condition of your skin, and allows oil glands to naturally protect and moisturize your skin.
Tips and Tricks For Skin Brushing:
- Use a brush with natural bristles and a long handle.
- Do not over brush. Brushing once a day will work for most people. Don’t brush over open or inflamed places in your skin, as this will only exacerbate the problem.
- Try brushing first thing in the morning before a shower 5-6 days a week. Mornings are a good time for brushing and stretching because it increases alertness and helps prevent toxins that build up during sleep from becoming a problem.
- Always brush towards your heart because lymph flows upward. Follow this pattern: Feet, legs, back, stomach, chest, arms, underarms, back of the neck, top of the chest, then lightly on the sides of the neck. Avoid the nipples.
- You can learn more about natural therapies that cost nothing and benefit evevryone in my book.
Since her recovery, Katrina continues to research holistic medicine and drug-free treatments. She travels the world to meet and learn from healers, holistic doctors, health coaches, and real patients who cured their “incurable” diseases.Katrina helps people to reverse chronic illnesses by offering guidance with drug-free treatments at her Health Mastery Retreat.
My book: http://tinyurl.com/n9x2l45
3. Katrina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Katrina Starzhynskaya (see all)
- Dry Skin Brushing for Detox and Naturally Beautiful Skin - Mar 14, 2014
- Shocking News About What’s in Your Bottled Water - Sep 19, 2013