Looking for a healthy way to shed excess weight, clear your skin or simply boost your energy in the morning? Green smoothies are an excellent way for you to kickstart your day, but did you know that by starting off your day with a green smoothie you will also be less inclined to make poor food choices later on? It’s true, green smoothies are magical! This smoothie is also loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients, so if you suffer from aches and pains due to arthritis or fibromayalgia this recipe can help.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 handful of Parsley
- 1 thumb of Ginger (about 1 inch)
- 1-2 Cups of Coconut Water or Water
Instructions: Core your apple, blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender and enjoy.
Rawsome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Spinach is high in protein and other vitamins and minerals as well as enzyme coq10 which plays a role in strengthening the muscles functioning as an antioxidant.
2. Cucumber is great for your skin and nails, as it has a high water content mineral rich.
3. Parsley is a blood cleanser which is great for detox and clearing your skin
4. Ginger is warming, so if you’re in a cooler climate it’s a great ingredient to add to your green smoothie recipes.
5. Apples contain an anti-oxidant called quercetin, which makes oxygen more available to your lungs. Great pre-work out food!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016