Maybe you’ve packed on a little extra weight from the seasons shifting, a recent event, or a hormonal disruption. Or maybe you’ve been struggling to lose that extra 5 or 10 pounds for a while now, you feel like you’ve tried it all and nothing is working.
There are quite a few benefits to a raw food diet short-term, and one of them is weight loss without starvation. Because raw foods contain a lot of water, you’ll be able to eat until you feel full without consuming a ton of calories. You’ll also get a lot of fiber to get your bowels moving, resulting in a cleanse of your system and a drop in weight.
I’ve found raw foods to be an optimal “body reset” button for me, which is how I originally designed the 21 Day Raw Food Reset Cleanse with my incredible team of experts.
Here Are 7 Tips for Getting Started with Raw Foods:
1. Make sure you’re drinking enough water.
2. Have a plan. It can be difficult at first to figure out how much you should be eating. Following a raw menu can be helpful, especially if you’re cleansing.
3. Listen to your body. You don’t have to be all or nothing. If you want to enjoy hot tea and soups, go for it.
4. Pick up a good enzyme and probiotic. This will help your gut heal and adapt to consuming raw foods, as well as promote cleansing.
5. Eat foods you enjoy. You don’t have to love every fruit and veggie under the sun to incorporate more raw food into your diet.
6. If you’re exercising, make sure to get enough calories to support muscle growth and repair. While on a raw food cleanse, it’s a good idea to tone down the amount of exercise you do, and you’ll still lose weight.
7. Try to do a little prep each morning or before bed so you don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Fresh food does take a little bit longer, but it’s totally worth it and anyone can do it. Even you!
When I went raw to lose weight, I hardly exercised at all during the cleanse portion of my program and I continue to shed the pounds. Throughout my journey, I augmented my diet to suit my body and its unique needs, and I suggest you do the same.
Sometimes the body needs a drastic shift to wake up and go “oh yea, it’s time to change!” which is why I love the concept of using raw foods as a cleansing or weight loss tool rather than a full out long term lifestyle. It’s a healthy way to reset and get the results you want.
Get support by joining us in a group setting for a cleanse online! Check out the most successful raw food cleanse on the planet:
Take the 21 Day Raw Food Reset Cleanse
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016