My partner absolutely adores eating Cherry Ripe bars so I set out to create a delicious and healthy alternative free of artificial additives and nasty ingredients. This slice was an absolute hit and was devoured within a day. I hope you enjoy making this delicious recipe!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/rice malt syrup/coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or oat flour
- 2 cups of fresh pitted cherries or canned cherries (organic if possible)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons goji berries or dried berries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/rice malt
- tsp beetroot powder (optional for colour)
- 2 blocks of 70% or more block of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/rice malt/coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or cashew butter
- Line a tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the base of the cherry ripe until it forms a dough.
- Place the base dough at the bottom of the tin and spread evenly to form the base and place this in the fridge.
- Filling: ensure all the cherries are pitted.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together except for the coconut until combined well.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Layer the filling evenly on top of the chilled base and place back in the fridge.
- Topping: Melt the dark chocolate carefully over a warm bowl of water.
- stir in the coconut oil, sweetener, and nut butter until combine well.
- Pour over filling and place in the fridge to set for an hour or until it is set.
- Slice up and enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe!
Latest posts by Amy Hotz (see all)
- Healthy Veggie Sushi Recipe - Apr 17, 2019
- Love Cherry Ripe? This Healthier Vegan Alternative Will Be An Instant Hit With Your Family! - Jun 2, 2017
- Healthy DIY: Mango and Dragon Fruit Popsicles - Jun 8, 2015