My partner absolutely adores eating Cherry Ripe bars so I set out to create a delicious and healthy alternative free of artificial additives and nasty ingredients. This slice was an absolute hit and was devoured within a day. I hope you enjoy making this delicious recipe!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/rice malt syrup/coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or oat flour
- 2 cups of fresh pitted cherries or canned cherries (organic if possible)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons goji berries or dried berries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/rice malt
- tsp beetroot powder (optional for colour)
- 2 blocks of 70% or more block of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/rice malt/coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or cashew butter
- Line a tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the base of the cherry ripe until it forms a dough.
- Place the base dough at the bottom of the tin and spread evenly to form the base and place this in the fridge.
- Filling: ensure all the cherries are pitted.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together except for the coconut until combined well.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Layer the filling evenly on top of the chilled base and place back in the fridge.
- Topping: Melt the dark chocolate carefully over a warm bowl of water.
- stir in the coconut oil, sweetener, and nut butter until combine well.
- Pour over filling and place in the fridge to set for an hour or until it is set.
- Slice up and enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe!
Naturopath and Creator at Amy Hotz Wellness
Amy is a Sydney based Naturopath, yoga teacher and raw food enthusiast. Her philosophy is based on earth and nature inspired health prevention, the healing power of food and the love of natural simplicity.
Latest posts by Amy Hotz (see all)
- Healthy Veggie Sushi Recipe - Apr 17, 2019
- Love Cherry Ripe? This Healthier Vegan Alternative Will Be An Instant Hit With Your Family! - Jun 2, 2017
- Healthy DIY: Mango and Dragon Fruit Popsicles - Jun 8, 2015