Short for ideas for a quick and easy lunch or dinner? Well, look no further. This raw sushi roll is a versatile and delicious recipe that you can chop up and whip together in no time! This is my go-to lunch recipe that is super nutritious and great for you! It is also very low in carbohydrates, (for those of you watching your intake). Use this recipe as inspiration to throw together your own variations!
Why is it good for you?
- Nori (the sheets) are a very nutrient rich superfood! The seaweed is rich in iodine, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin C, & also protein.
- Umeboshi Plum: A traditional Japanese pickled plum, that stimulates digestion and helps removes toxins from the body
- Low Carb: we are trading in the sandwich bread for some low cal, highly nutritious nori!
- Lemon Juice: stimulates digestion!
- 2 nori sheets
- 1/2 an organic avocado
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced vegetables of choice (cucumber, carrot, capsicum, snow peas..)
- 1 cup of lettuce/ leaves of choice (spinach, rocket, iceberg)
- 1 tsp umeboshi
- A portion of protein (tempeh etc)
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado.
- Season with lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lay 1 sheet or nori on a clean table.
- Spread some of the avocado mix in the centre.
- Spread a small amount of the umeboshi.
- Top with lettuce, veggies and your choice of protein.
- Roll together into a long hand roll.
- Cut in Half.
Latest posts by Amy Hotz (see all)
- Healthy Veggie Sushi Recipe - Apr 17, 2019
- Love Cherry Ripe? This Healthier Vegan Alternative Will Be An Instant Hit With Your Family! - Jun 2, 2017
- Healthy DIY: Mango and Dragon Fruit Popsicles - Jun 8, 2015