A sweet indulgence does not need to be an overly calorie dense treat, loaded with a ton of sugar and unhealthy fats. You can whip up your own simple and delicious, guilt free dessert that is full of antioxidants and heart healthy fats.
Enter chia and cacao. Two super foods that I use on the regular! Cacao is loaded with magnesium, which is an important mineral that is involved in over 300 detoxification processes. That’s a lot!
Chia seeds are rich in Omega 3 fats, which help to support your heart, brain and eye health. This dessert is truly decadent and versatile. Feel free to top it with your favorite superfoods, like goji berries, shredded coconut or cacao nibs. Or…maybe all three?
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, hemp, or coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (more or less depending on how chocolaty you want it)
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp local, organic raw honey or grade B maple syrup
Directions: Add all ingredients into a mason jar, top with lid and shake well until all ingredients are well combined. Put jar into fridge and let sit for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight, until pudding is nice and thick and to desired texture. Periodically give the pudding a shake. Serve the pudding chilled and topped with your favorite superfoods.
Samantha graduated as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition; is a Hatha Yoga Instructor, Qualitarian Pioneer & holds a Bachelor Degree in World Religion and Arts.
Latest posts by Samantha Gladish (see all)
- Blue Beauty Breakfast Smoothie - May 6, 2014
- 6 Slimming Smoothies for Spring - May 5, 2014
- Creamy Cashew Pear & Spice Smoothie - May 4, 2014