Gather your friends and throw a vegan ice cream sundae party! Make it extra special by making your own vegan ice cream—without a fancy shmancy ice cream maker.
Of course you could use that fancy shamancy ice cream maker, but it’s much more fun to gather your friends and sandwich-sized re-sealable bags. Once you’ve all made your ice cream, pour magic chocolate sauce on top to see it instantly solidify, plop a scoop of coconut whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nuts, and enjoy. You can even slice a banana in half, lengthwise, and turn this sundae into a banana split.
Vegan Ice Cream
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1 avocado
- 1 serving Vega Sport Performance Protein Vanilla or Chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
Vegan Ice Cream Method Ingredients
- 4 sandwich-sized re-sealable bags
- 4 gallon-sized re-sealable bags
- 12 cups ice
- 1 cup coarse salt (such as Kosher or pickling salt)
Vegan Whipped Cream
- 1 can (16oz) coconut milk, **CHILLED OVERNIGHT**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener, as desired (maple syrup, cane sugar, etc.)
- 2 Vega Maca Chocolate Bars (or a large dark chocolate bar)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Roasted Nuts
Make Vegan Ice Cream
- Blend ice cream ingredients in a blender until smooth and then pour evenly between into 4 sandwich sized sealable bags. Seal tightly, trying to remove as much air as possible.
- In the 4 gallon sized bags, evenly distribute ice and rock salt.
- Place one sandwich sized bag into each gallon sized bag and seal tightly.
- Squeeze bags for 10 to 15 minutes or until ice cream is thickened.
Make Coconut Whipped Cream
- Remove only coconut cream (the thick white substance at the top of the can).
- Using a mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener.
Make Chocolate Sauce
- Coarsely chop chocolate.
- In the microwave or over the stove, heat chocolate and coconut oil until just melted
- Stir well.
- Place ice cream in bowls, top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and desired toppings.
Find More From Morgan
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cherry “Cheese” Cake Protein Smoothie - Jun 13, 2019
- Nut-Free Granola Bars with Dates, Apricot and Banana - Feb 5, 2019
- Yummy After School Snack: Peanut Butter & Jam Fruit Dip - Jan 30, 2019