I’m all about one-pot meals! Keeps the kitchen choas in control, and cuts down on the number of different things on the stove that I have to keep my eye on. Here’s one of my faves – this gluten-free pasta dish will satisfy and impress your family and dinner guests and takes only about 25 minutes to prepare. Easy peasy!
Makes 5 servings
- 1 can or glass bottle of artichoke hearts (14oz)
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 12 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1 can (15oz) Great Northern Beans
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 5oz freshly cut (or frozen) spinach
- 5-6 basil leaves (chiffonade)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the can of artichoke hearts and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice the onion and dice or press the garlic.
- Add vegetable broth along with oil, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and garlic into one large pot.
- Add gluten-free pasta with oregano and freshly cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Add remaining ingredients, put a lid on the pot and bring everything to a boil over high heat.
- Once the pot is boiling, stir the ingredients and turn down the heat to a simmer. Allow the pot to simmer with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes, until broth has been absorbed and pasta is tender. Be sure to occasionally stir the pasta to avoid sticking.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the fresh or frozen spinach to the pot. The heat will naturally allow the spinach to wilt onto the pasta. Mix spinach in evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil chiffonade.
- Serve and enjoy!
This one-pot pasta is not only jam-packed with flavor, but tons of plant-based fuel for your next workout. Click here for free strength and running training plans, nutrition plans, and meal plans including this recipe!
Find More From Morgan
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cherry “Cheese” Cake Protein Smoothie - Jun 13, 2019
- Nut-Free Granola Bars with Dates, Apricot and Banana - Feb 5, 2019
- Yummy After School Snack: Peanut Butter & Jam Fruit Dip - Jan 30, 2019