Raspberries are an amazing fruit! They have an abundance of antioxidants and also have some of the highest amounts of fibre among other fruits. Also high in Vitamin C, they protect your body from cell damage and attacks from free radicals. Raspberries and blackberries have always been some of my favourites, I absolutely adore exotic fruit.
I’ve had a hard time enjoying fruits like melons and canteloupe. I call those “boring fruits”. Ok, ok, I know some of you might be saying “hey, I LOVE cantelope”. What can I say? I love wildly coloured, flavour bursting fruits 😀
Fruit Nutrition Facts:
- Mangos are high in Vitamin A & C, as well as a great source of fibre. Plus they’re delicious, how can you go wrong with a mango?
- Pineapples are full of digestive enzymes, manganese and a very good source of Vitamin b1. Also containing bromelain, my friend and holistic nutritionist has recommended pineapple juice in my greens when I’ve had a headache.
- Bananas are very high in potassium making them popular in the fitness realm. They’re also a great source of Vitamins B5, B6 and manganese.
- We get our coconut water from Organic Lives. It’s raw unpasteurized coconut water, and I believe Donna Gates may also have a product very similar. We can only get the OL coconut water in Canada right now, so while we travel we opt for body ecology coconut water. Coconut water is a miracle food, a superfood to the max. In world war 2, coconut water was used for blood transfusions on the battle field due to it’s similar form to blood plasma.
This is our fruity Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie recipe:
Equipment: Vitamix or high powered blender
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/3 fresh cut pineapple
- 1/2 fresh cut mango
- 1-2 frozen ripened bananas
- Coconut Water
*This smoothie is high in natural fruit sugars, which are a pure form of energy, but take care with fruit if you are sensitive to sugars.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016