Zucchini pasta is one of my favourite raw food treats. It is a fast, easy, awesome blank canvas for all of the beautiful flavour combinations that you can think up.
Now, I love a raw tomato sauce just as much as the next person, but I also love to mix things up. This particular pasta was inspired by my local farmers market. They had an abundance of herbs, especially dill, along with beautiful zucchini and peas. I felt that all those lovely ingredients deserved a special dish to shine in! I used mango as a base for this sauce, which may sound strange at first, but trust me, you will not be disappointed. This blend of herbs, sweet mango, sour lime and fresh peas will have you licking the bowl. This recipe serves one to two people, depending on your hunger level!
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups spring peas – fresh or frozen, avoid canned peas.
- 3 cups mango – diced
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 6 scallions or green onions
- 2 limes – juiced
- Spiralize your zucchini, or make it into pappardelle by slicing it with a vegetable slicer.
- Add your peas to your zucchini pasta.
- Blend the rest of your ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour your sauce over your pasta and peas, toss and enjoy!
What is your favourite way to eat zucchini pasta?
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014