We wanted to try something different for this recipe. Instead of simply writing it out we wanted to show you how easy it is to make by creating a video! Did we mention this is the perfect recipe that your whole family can enjoy? Even the fussiest kids love the soft texture and rich flavour of these macaroons.
- Food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Ice-cream scoop with retractable lever or a spoon
- Large bowl
- 3 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Raw Honey
- Zest of 3 Lemons
- 2 tsp Lemon Oil Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
1. To make the coconut butter, process 3 cups of shredded coconut in your food processor until it is completely smooth, creamy and a bit wet. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix coconut butter and remaining ingredients together.
* Depending on how “wet” your coconut butter is you might need to add a bit more coconut flour or more shredded coconut. You want the mix to stick together when you squeeze it in your hand.
3. Using an ice cream scoop with retractable handle or a tablespoon, scoop and form small balls of the mix and place onto a dehydrator tray.
4. Dehydrate at 115ºF for 8 hours, until the macaroons are firm but not overly dry.
5. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. We found that keeping them in the fridge created a much “crunchier” cookie.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015