I remember the day – it was bright and sunny out and I had just returned from a monstrous hike, deciding to indulge in a slice of this incredible Raw Vanilla Cheezecake with Orange Berry Sauce. How wonderful to honor one’s body by giving it health and movement. Exercise of some sort is just common sense and we all feel great when we move.
This recipe has so many beneficial elements, and most importantly, it will not spike your blood sugar and will instead nourish your body with the various ingredients. I only wish we could walk into our local grocery stores and purchase a clean and healthy dessert like this! Maybe one day. In the meantime I have oodles of recipes you will not find in your local stores and they are all at your disposal.
This recipe is loaded with fresh fruits, natural enzymes, protein and good fats. Numerous cheezecake/nut crust recipes out there use agave, however, I do not use agave in any of my recipes and I will not. I have not used agave for a number of years as I really never felt good with it in my body and had a hunch something was up with it. I know when a pie, any dessert, shake, salad dressing or sauce has agave added by taste and effect on those around me. Huffington Post published an article about this, I suggest you read it as well as numerous other articles to support this. Do not let someone fool you by telling you that they have an agave that is raw, organic or pure.
Have a blast and you are going to love this one! It makes for the perfect raw dessert for holiday gatherings too!
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 8 tablespoons Yacon, organic honey or coconut nectar
- 8 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 1 large orange, juiced (no pulp)
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
Alternative Option: Raw Chocolate Crust
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons 100% berry jam of choice such as raspberry or boysenberry
- 3 cups ripe strawberries
- Lemon juice to taste
- 3 dates
- Line the bottom of a pie tin or an 8-10 inch pan with wax or parchment paper. Grease the sides with some coconut oil.
- Place all of your crust ingredients into in a food processor and pulse until it sticks together well.
- Press the mixture into the pan and smooth it out all around and even it out with your hands.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes while you prepare your filling of choice.
- Blend cashews, coconut milk, vanilla powder, sweetener of choice, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients.
- Blend 2 minutes on high until very creamy.
- Pour on top of your crust of choice.
- Freeze for 6 hours.
- Remove 30 minutes prior serving.
7. Blend all sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender until thoroughly incorporated.
8. Pour on top of your filling after it has been sitting in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then return to the freezer for the remaining time.
Raw or baked crust of your choice.
Latest posts by Tina Turbin (see all)
- Super-Quick Vegan ‘Cheezy’ Kelp Noodle Dish - Mar 29, 2017
- This Raw Hazelnut Chocolate Mint Tart is Delicious - Dec 13, 2016
- Create Simple Yet Stunning Desserts with this Indulgent Raw Chocolate Pie Crust! - Nov 16, 2016