The weather is warming up, and that means that rehydrating after your next sweat session is super important. This vibrant, tropical, antioxidant-packed smoothie is the perfect way to replenish your fluids, and it also provides plenty of extra nutritional benefits to help boost recovery. Coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes which we lose in our sweat, and chia seeds will not only add fibre, but also a dose of omega-3 healthy fats. Dream about this smoothie during your run and it just might make you go a bit faster!
Rehydrating Strawberry Papaya Smoothie
Makes: 1 serving
- 2 cups papaya, peeled and diced
- 4 strawberries
- 1 scoop/packet Vega Recovery Accelerator in Tropical flavour
- 1 cup coconut water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp chia seeds
What to do:
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend until completely smooth, adjusting thickness by adding a little more ice if desired.
- Pour and enjoy!
Latest posts by Angela Simpson (see all)
- Light and Luscious: Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie - Jul 13, 2015
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: Maca Maple Dusted Cashews - Jul 13, 2015
- Clean Eating Recipe: Summertime Quinoa and Greens Salad - Jun 15, 2015