We’ve been on a serious mission to Eat More Kale! Why? Well, because I love kale, and so does Caleb plus it’s packed with nutrition and even being touted on some food authority sites like this one on Organic Authority as “the new beef”.
I also happen to love foods that are high in Vitamin A & K for skin health and getting the raw food glow! Healing acne requires a healthy amount of both of these Vitamins, so eat more kale This salad is also laced up nicely with pro-biotics (the chickpea miso) so it will improve digestion as well as satisfy your hunger.
- 8-10 cups of Kale
- 1-1.5 tbsp. Chickpea Miso
- 1 Lemon, Deseeded, Juiced
- 1/5 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
Instructions: Chop and de-stem your kale and place it in a large bowl. Massage in your miso and lemon juice, make sure you really give it some love with your hands to soften it up and spread the mixture evenly through out the whole salad. Sprinkle on your nutritional yeast, black pepper and garnish with slices of fresh, juicy cherry tomatoes. Yumaroo!
5 Rawesome Facts About This Salad
1. Kale is not only packed with Vitamins and other minerals, it’s also an anti-inflammatory food.
2. Kale is a great source of fiber and Calcium. Drop the milk and start munching kale!
3. Miso has long been used to prevent cancer in Japan and is associated with longevity. During the fermentation process, the amino-acids and fatty acids have been broken down, making miso a helpful food for those who are experiencing a weak digestive system.
4. Lemon is an alkalizing fruit, again with powerful digestive properties. It can be used to remove constipation and relieve gas.
5. Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavour accompanied by many vitamins including B12 and minerals like iron, magnesium, phorphorus, zinc, and chromium, and selenium.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Win an Omega 8004 Model Juicer from YoungandRaw.com! - March 8, 2014
- Nutrient Dense Super Greens Smoothie - March 7, 2014
- How to Make Your Own Raw Jelly in Minutes - February 19, 2014