Kale is a very diverse leafy green vegetable, you can make your salads sweet or savory and it seems to add a grounded element to any meal or smoothie. If you have a sensitive digestive tract or colon, you might actually find that eating kale salads raw is too harsh for you. In this case, gently steam your kale and use it in a salad that way instead! Kale is a powerhouse of nutrients including calcium, iron and even Omega 3 fatty acids which are crucial for keeping inflammation low and your skin clear! (Tip: add hemp seeds to this salad if you’re looking for more ways to increase your intake of Omega 3′s!).
- 1 Head of Kale, Raw or Steamed
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Oil
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Dried Cranberry
- 2 tbsp. Pine Nuts or Use Hemp Seeds
Optional add ons:
- 1 Avocado, Massaged in to make the raw kale softer
- 1 Apple, Cubed
- 1-2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
Instructions: Combine your kale, hemp oil and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl (and avocado if you choose) and massage your kale for about 5 minutes until soft. Top with the rest of your ingredients and enjoy. If you’re steaming your kale, you can skip the massage step and just combine all ingredients together after steaming your kale and serve.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014
- 2 Iced Coffee Alternatives that Have Mood & Energy Boosting Effects - September 18, 2014