This recipe features our luscious Dastony sesame tahini butter along with raw organic spirulina powder. These chips turn out super cheesy, tangy and crunchy with the perfect hint of chipotle spice. Absolutely delicious, addictive, and full of minerals, protein, and chlorophyll!
Makes 1 large batch (4 dehydrator trays)
- 3 heads of fresh green leafy kale
- 1 1/2 cup RawGuru sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1/2 cup RawGuru hulled sesame seeds
- 2 tbs Dastony tahini
- 3 tbs RawGuru hemp seeds
- juice of 3 limes (or 2 if you prefer a bit less tang)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (make sure it’s organic!)
- 3 tsp of chipotle spice (or smoked paprika for less spicy option)
- 1 tbs spirulina
- 1/2 tsp RawGuru Himalayan pink salt
- Pure water to thin – start with 1/4 a cup
- Prep your kale by rinsing well in cold water and tearing into bite sized pieces
- Blend your sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Place 1/3 of your kale in a big bowl and slowly add sauce until each leaf is coated in the perfect amount. You can use clean hands to mix the kale with your sauce. Continue on until all of your kale is coated.
- Place saucy kale on 4 dehydrator sheets (or several oven sheets) and dehydrate at 135 for an hour. Reduce heat to 115 and dehydrator for 12 hours or until the desired crispiness level is achieved. If using an oven bake at 170 degrees for 45-60 minutes (rotating trays once during baking). Turn oven off and let them continue to dry for 15-20 minutes, then turn oven on again to lowest setting and let bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Discover more about Windy City Organics' handcrafted raw chocolate, nut butters, and functional superfood snacks and supplements HERE.
EXCLUSIVE for Young and Raw readers: Get 10% off your order of all Windy City Organics products at RawGuru.com with code YOUNGANDRAW
Latest posts by Anna Speaks (see all)
- Green Peppermint CBD Freezer Fudge - Jun 4, 2018
- Lucky Shamrock Hemp CBD Mint Chip Shake - Mar 16, 2018
- Bring Bliss To Your Day With This Creamy Peppermint Hot Chocolate - Feb 27, 2018