You don’t need all the fancy gadgets, complicated recipes or expensive workout equipment to upgrade your health. You can get an easy jump-start on good health right now! As a certified health and wellness coach, it’s my job to educate those who are ready to take their health to the next level. There are some super easy principles that will have you feeling better instantly, and I want to share some of my favorites with you.
Simple Steps To Upgrade Your Health
1. Incorporate more greens at every meal. What this means is swap out one or even two of your sides with some tasty greens and you will give your body an instant energy, digestion, skin and health boost. Some of my favourites are spinach, romaine, sauerkraut or kale. Try these delicious additions raw or steamed with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top and you are set!
2. Move. Get outside! Getting outside is one of the best possible ways we can get movement as well as essential vitamins only mother nature can provide. Go for a run, a walk, a stroll, whatever it takes to get you in the great outdoors. You will not only be working your muscles but you are going to reap some major benefits of the sun in the form of Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been known to help fight depression, keep your brain functioning well into your later years, maintaining healthy body weight and is an immune system regulator. With all these amazing benefits at your doorstep, all you have to do is get out there and soak it up!
3. Experiment with your pantry…or clean it out! Take a look inside your pantry and see if there are any ingredients you haven’t used in a while. See turmeric in there? Maybe some oregano? Take the time to seek out some new additions to your favorite meals for an added body bonus. When we nourish ourselves with the correct ingredients, our body becomes happier with every bite! On another note, maybe you take a look into your pantry and see some not-so-good treats… Clear them out! The less temptation the better. If you only have carrot sticks and hummus to snack on consider yourself saved from an unwanted road block.
4. Stop. Breathe. Repeat. Sometimes we get so sidetracked, overwhelmed and consumed in our moments that we forget to step back and realize that we are right where we need to be. Calm your mind, close your eyes and breathe. Just focus on steadily breathing in and out. This is one of the most simple and most effective ways to reset your mind and become aware of your sense of self. This is one of my favourite things to focus on when I feel “too caught up in the moment” and it’s a fast, effective tool for all my clients.
5. Try one of those fresh-pressed juices or blue-green algae green smoothies you’ve been eyeing. Treat yourself! Juice and smoothies are the tastiest and fastest ways to get a direct shot of nutrients into our system. Juices are slightly easier to digest because they strip down the fruit and vegetables to their barest form which does not include the fiber and most protein. They are absorbed straight into the blood stream and are considered more of a “healing” drink. Smoothies are considered “pre-digested” and still hold all nutrients from blended ingredients. Grab your favourite base liquid, some greens, a fruit and maybe some chia seeds, mix it all up and voila! Health and body booster in a cup!
Try one, two or all five of these instant feel-better fixes and watch as your mood and body feel the amazing effects. Some of my favorite “top-secret” tools for a clean, fit body and a happy life are the smallest, easiest principles to follow. The road to health doesn’t have to be all or nothing, in fact, I welcome the opportunities to discover fun and creative ways to stay focused, on track and true to myself. I love waking up every morning knowing I will be challenged and taken out of my comfort zone and I want you to feel the same! Feel free to try these ideas and then share here about how it is working for you.
Tera Geishauser is a health & lifestyle coach, nutrition nut, traveler, thinker, learner and listener. With a "Change the World" type attitude, she is passionate about helping others learn that with simple changes come BIG results. She has studied over 100 dietary theories, everyday lifestyle management techniques and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Visit her website, terageishauser.com and join the movement to spread peas and love throughout the world!