If you don’t currently eat many seeds, this delicious recipe is the perfect place to start! Seeds have high levels of essential fatty acids and a full profile of amino acids needed to form complete and digestible protein. They are good sources of vitamins A, B, C and E and many necessary minerals.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10-12 dates, soaked and drained
- 2 x 1/3 cup shredded coconut (another 1/3 cup to be folded in after mixed)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries or blueberries (to be added after mixture is together)
Directions: Mix all ingredients in food processor except one of the 1/3 cup shredded coconut and the dried cherries or blueberries. In a bowl, fold in other 1/3 cup coconut flakes and dried cherries to your mixture. Roll into balls and flatten on parchment paper on a baking sheet to store in the fridge.
CEO at Beyond Nourished
Rachelle and her team at Beyond Nourished offer an amazing Nourishment Program that is perfect for anyone who is looking for a tailored approach to healthy living and eating. They’ve also made a one-of-a-kind platform so that you can create your own e-cookbook check everything out at www.beyondnourished.com. Rachelle is a powerful force in the kitchen! She and her team are experts at being efficient and effective in the kitchen. Doesn’t everyone want to maximize nutrition but minimize time in the kitchen?
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015