Potato salad does not have to be the mayonnaise and butter heavy dish that you may think of. Potato salad can be light, fresh and delicious, leaving you feeling satisfied and nourished instead of heavy and bloated. Next time you have a hankering for potato salad, give this recipe a go!
- 3 cups fingerling or baby potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 cup artichokes, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp capers
- cracked black pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, place one inch of water and a steaming basket. Add your potatoes, bring the water to a boil in high heat and then reduce heat to low and allow your potatoes to steam. This will take between 20-35 minutes depending on how large you cut your potatoes. You want them to be fork tender all the way through when they are done.
2. While your potatoes are cooking, add your ingredients to a large sauce pan (herbs, artichokes and capers, spices) and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add your steamed potatoes in at the end and stir together for another 3 minutes.
3. When your potatoes are done, serve over a bed of fresh arugula and enjoy.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016