Green Smoothies are a delicious and easy way to infuse your body with nutrients every day. They provide the body with a clean energy source, help boost mood, and also create clear and glowing skin. This recipe is designed to support you in boosting your mood, beating depression and keeping your energy levels more consistent.
Bananas are designed by nature to product happy chemicals in our guts and brains, so they’re often recommended to people who suffer from depression (provided that depression is not triggered by adrenal fatigue, in which case lower sugar fruits are a safer bet.) Protein consumption triggers a neurotransmitter called dopamine, which leads to an increased sense of happiness and well-being. With low dopamine, you’re bound to feel a little low and even blue. Lettuce can be used as a mild food based solution to induce sleep and relaxation, which compliments this blended smoothie quite well and keeps the oxalate content low.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp. coconut or hemp oil
- 1 scoop hemp protein *optional
- 1 cup water or coconut water
Directions: Blend on high and enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016