The weather is warming up, and that means that rehydrating after your next sweat session is super important. This vibrant, tropical, antioxidant-packed smoothie is the perfect way to replenish your fluids, and it also provides plenty of extra nutritional benefits to help boost recovery. Coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes which we lose in our sweat, and chia seeds will not only add fibre, but also a dose of omega-3 healthy fats. Dream about this smoothie during your run and it just might make you go a bit faster!
Rehydrating Strawberry Papaya Smoothie
Makes: 1 serving
- 2 cups papaya, peeled and diced
- 4 strawberries
- 1 scoop/packet Vega Recovery Accelerator in Tropical flavour
- 1 cup coconut water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp chia seeds
What to do:
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend until completely smooth, adjusting thickness by adding a little more ice if desired.
- Pour and enjoy!
Blogger and Personal Health Coach at Eat Spin Run Repeat
Angela is an avid runner and triathlete, health coach and healthy food enthusiast. Her goal is to encourage and inspire others to live their lives to the fullest, making the most of every day by setting goals and chasing them with passion. When she's not creating new recipes in her kitchen and working with clients, you'll find Angela out for a run, at the farmer's market, and exploring Vancouver, the city she's now proud to call home. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.
Latest posts by Angela Simpson (see all)
- Clean Eating Recipe: Summertime Quinoa and Greens Salad - May 6, 2019
- Light and Luscious: Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie - Jul 13, 2015
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: Maca Maple Dusted Cashews - Jul 13, 2015