Ever have one of those days that seems like you go non-stop from start to finish without a break? Of course you have! Whenever I have a day like that, I like to whip up something easy like this rice for dinner. I originally came up with this recipe when I was craving tabouli, but only had a head of cauliflower, some herbs, kale and a few other veggies… to become the Raw Emerald Rice Salad. I love this salad and don’t hesitate to eat mostly the entire batch myself because of its’ fresh, light and delicious flavour- similar to tabouli!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, cut
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut julienne
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice (but not too long or it will become mush). Place in a large bowl.
- Next, place the kale in your food processor and pulse until finely chopped (it may take two batches).
- Add kale and all your other ingredients to the cauliflower and mix together well. Serve and enjoy!