Ever have one of those days that seems like you go non-stop from start to finish without a break? Of course you have! Whenever I have a day like that, I like to whip up something easy like this rice for dinner. I originally came up with this recipe when I was craving tabouli, but only had a head of cauliflower, some herbs, kale and a few other veggies… to become the Raw Emerald Rice Salad. I love this salad and don’t hesitate to eat mostly the entire batch myself because of its’ fresh, light and delicious flavour- similar to tabouli!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, cut
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut julienne
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice (but not too long or it will become mush). Place in a large bowl.
- Next, place the kale in your food processor and pulse until finely chopped (it may take two batches).
- Add kale and all your other ingredients to the cauliflower and mix together well. Serve and enjoy!
Creator and Blogger at Fragrant Vanilla Cake
Amy Lyons is the blogger and recipe writer behind Fragrant Vanilla Cake, a blog featuring raw and plant based desserts as well as savory dishes. She is also the author two cook books. She graduated from Bethel University in 2007 with a degree in Studio Art, and has a passion for creating beautiful things and helping others eat healthier.