Oh Those Summer NIghts!
There is nothing like sitting on the patio on a summer evening with friends. The cool breeze brings reprieve from the hot day as the setting sun colours the sky. There is always a lot of laughter and of course…lots of great food. One of my favourite appetizers to serve is my Pistachio Mango Salsa. It’s refreshing, delicious and soooo easy to make. Oh Yeah!
Pistachio Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
- ½ cup (125 mL) cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) pistachios, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Himalayan crystal salt
Place all the ingredients into a medium bowl and gently mix together. Be careful not to mash up the avocado too much. That’s it—your salsa is ready serve. Enjoy!
Power of Food Tip: Try adding any number of seeds or nuts to the mix to create salsas for every occasion.