My Luscious Zucchini and Spinach Soup is a cold soup, but you can warm it up, if you prefer. This soup pairs well with any season. Oh Yeah!
- 2 cups (500 mL) zucchini, chopped
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) fresh spinach
- ¼ cup (60 mL) dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flax oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tahini
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Crushed almonds for garnish
- Place all the ingredients, except the garnish, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- This is a cold soup. If you prefer it warm, heat it in a saucepan over low heat while stirring continuously.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed almonds to add a little crunch.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator and eat within 3 days. Frozen leftovers will keep for up to 3 months.
Power of Food Tip: Add a peeled, chopped avocado to increase the thickness and creaminess of this soup if desired.
Author at Power of Food
Adam Hart is the bestselling author of The Power of Food which shares the secrets of achieving optimal health through living, plant-based foods. Highly sought after speaker and champion of intention-based living, Adam shares how to awaken an abundance of energy and vitality without giving up your favourite foods. Visit him online to take his newest "7 Day Gluten-Free Challenge."