Regardless of whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, here are 8 essential items to keep you feeling your best by protecting your immune system from bad bacteria, providing emergency detox and helping to regulate your sleep cycle.
1. Magnesium: Magnesium serves many functions in the body and most of us are deficient in this very important mineral. It’s great for relieving stiff of sore muscles from those long flights, aiding in a good night’s rest and helps keep bowels regular.
2. Mineral Drops: Adding these to your water is an amazing way to stay hydrated on the plane. Most water available in airports or purchased while traveling is bottled and sometimes demineralized. A couple of drops is all you need to ensure you’re hydrated for the day.
3. Activated Charcoal: This supplement is great in relieving symptoms from food poisoning, eating too much fast food, stomach bugs, gas, bloating and the dreaded traveller’s diarrhoea. It helps reduce toxicity in your body from exposure to one to many drinks at the bar. Be sure to take with plenty of water and stay hydrated.
4. Probiotics: Probiotics encourage a healthy gut environment, which is essential for your entire immune system. Taking probiotics can help you stay regular, and keep your digestive system operating healthily.
5. Coconut Oil: This stuff is pure gold! It has so many uses such as makeup remover, moisturizer, after-burn relief, toothpaste, hair conditioner, salve for cuts and scrapes. You can also eat it! Taking a spoonful of coconut oil when ingesting something with high sugar helps to slow down the absorption and prevent a sugar-crash later on.
6. Oil Of Oregano: This is a potent bacteria killer. When you’re starting to feel run down, take a couple of drops and this will kill any potential cold from coming on. It’s also great on food and amazing for sterilizing cuts and scrapes.
7. Melatonin: Melatonin is a natural hormone that’s produced in your body to aid with sleep. If you’re sleeping in different time zones or catching some Zzz’s on a flight you can take this natural supplement to get your beauty sleep. It doesn’t make you drowsy so you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go.
8. Digestive Enzymes: Next to hospital food, airplane food has been known as the most overly processed, unhealthy available. Using digestive enzymes when stepping outside your normal eating habits it’s a great way to help you body break down whatever it’s given. This also helps decrease gas, bloating, constipation and inflammation.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015