Yields: 20 – 30 slices
- 1/2 cup packed, soaked Irish moss blended with 1 ½ cups water until smooth
- 2 cups peeled green zucchini
- 3 loosely packed cups almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
- 4 cups dried shredded coconut made into powder in a blender or food processor
- 1 cup xylitol, erythritol or lakanto (for non sugar-free use ½ cup honey or maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon toffee flavored or plain liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (soften or melt before using)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 12 drops Medicine Flower vanilla essence
- 3/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbs. Chai spice mix (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbs. psyllium husk powder (blend husks in a coffee grinder if you can’t find powder)
- Soak about 1/3 cup of dry Irish moss for 3 hours or overnight. Rinse very, very well and press tightly into a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Blend the zucchini with all the liquids and oils until smooth.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl with your hands.
- Divide the batter in half and press each half into a round 10-inch spring form pan. If you only have one pan, press the first half in, then place cheesecloth on top and press in the second half.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick set up.
Yields: 6 cups
- 1/4 cup soaked Irish moss (measure after soaking in cold water for 3+ hours or overnight)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups more water
- 3/4 cup sugar-free sweetener: powdered xylitol or erythritol
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp non-GMO soy or sunflower lecithin powder
- 2 cups fresh young coconut meat, packed OR 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract OR 15 drops vanilla essence by Medicine Flower
- Ginger Frosting spices: 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice OR ground ginger powder, 2 tbsp fresh ground ginger (you can blend this into the frosting), 10 drops Medicine Flower rum essence (optional)
1. Blend 1/4 cup soaked Irish moss and 1 cup boiling water until very smooth.
2. Blend all the other ingredients except the Ginger Frosting spices in a blender until smooth.
2. Let set up for 1-2 hours in the freezer or overnight in the refrigerator (overnight in refrigerator is best)
3. Drop or pipe onto pies and puddings with a piping bag as desired.
4. This whipped topping will last for 1 week refrigerated.
5. Blend in the Ginger Frosting spices.
6. Refrigerate until set up. (4-8 hours)
6. Let the Whip get a little softer after removing from refrigeration before attempting to frost the cake.
1. Press the cake into a pan lined with cheesecloth for easy removal.
2. Frost the cake, being careful to gently spread so as not to get crumbs in the frosting. Freezing the cake will prevent this from happening.
Chai Spice Mix:
- 5 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use 1 Tbsp. for the above recipe and store the remaining in a spice jar for later use.