This smoothie contains two of our absolute favorite super foods: chlorella and spirulina. Both are part of the algae family, which means they are both nutrient dense foods. When we call a food “nutrient dense” what we are saying is that there is a high concentration of nutrients per calorie.
The ingredients in this smoothie help rebuild nerve tissues in the brain and body, they aid in the removal of heavy metals from the system, and also provide a great source of iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin K.
If you’re an active person or don’t have time to make meals, this smoothie will also provide you a source of electrolytes, protein and Vitamin B5 which helps turn carbs and fats into energy you can use throughout your day.
- 1 frozen ripened banana
- 1 pear
- 4 cups organic spinach
- 1 tsp chlorella
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups almond milk or fresh water
Directions: Blend in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016