Have you ever had an amazing week that had you feeling motivated to workout, energized from healthy foods and feeling like you’re on top of the world? Then, either a bad thought or situation happened and that feeling spiraled into eating a tub of ice cream and crying? No?! If you were like me, that was all the time!
So what do you do?
The key is finding balance between being happy, healthy and feeling good about your life all at the same time. For some folks this may seem a bit challenging, but I have put together 8 simple steps that may help keep you in a positive state even when life gets challenging.
1. Relax – Don’t take things so seriously. The situation you are experiencing is just that, an experience. Like everything in life, nothing is permanent. So take a moment when contrast occurs to remind yourself that you can choose how to respond to everything you experience with love and compassion rather than worry or stress.
2. Breathe – Take 10 deep breaths slowly when you feel stress creeping in. I always love to close my eyes when I do this and just feel the air in my lungs. Breathing deeply is a simple way to shift your body in to a rest and digest state.
3. Practice gratitude – Write down 5 things everyday you’re grateful for in a journal, and especially on days that didn’t go so well. It will help keep you focused on all the wonderful things in your life that you have been blessed with. The practice of gratitude helps keep you in a state of abundance rather than one of lack.
4. Nourish – Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vibrant green vegetables that will leave you looking and feeling radiant. The more you feed yourself healthy, living nutrient dense foods, the more your body can use that food for energy and healing.
5. Ask for support – Get an accountability partner. Having someone be there for support and to help keep you accountable with the things that you want most in your life is crucial. Ask a friend or a loved one to get behind your goals and help keep you on track.
6. Find the humour – Laugh! Laugh a lot! Laughter will always put you in a higher energy vibration. Sometimes I just force myself to laugh while looking in the mirror and then, when someone hears me, I start laughing even harder. It works every time.
7. Watch your words – Be positive and always speak with words of empowerment. Manifest your future with positivity, it will naturally force your brain to think in that positive state and ultimately help you create the life you want. If you notice a pattern of negativity that creeps in, just catch yourself and find a way to reframe it.
8. Commit – Try it for 30 days! Our brains are like having abs… if we don’t routinely eat right and exercise than we will never see the results. Whatever big thing you want in your life, it starts with small daily habits. If you can commit to integrating one small habit that aligns with a larger goal into your daily routine and can commit to it for 30 days, it will become part of your routine and then you can introduce a new habit. Small habits built up over time lead to success. You can do this!
Latest posts by Jennifer Colalillo (see all)
- 8 Steps to a Happier, Healthier and More Radiant Life - Mar 7, 2014
- 5 Tips for Having a Healthy (and sane) Holiday Experience! - Oct 26, 2013
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Rebounding - Aug 27, 2013