Nobody wants to turn on an oven during the Summer and the truth is, you really don’t need to. During the hot Summer days, most of my meals are easy to make, delicious and nutritious salads. This recipe is a super tasty, multi-seasonal favourite! It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and the black beans add a good serving of protein to help fuel your body. Going to a BBQ or potluck? This salad is always a hit! Oh Yeah!
Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) black beans
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) corn
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Himalayan crystal salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
Drain the black beans and corn, and rinse with water. Place the drained beans and corn and the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Gently mix together and serve.
Power of Food Tip: To spice up your salad a bit, you can add 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper. A little bit of heat goes very well with this salad!
Author at Power of Food
Adam Hart is the bestselling author of The Power of Food which shares the secrets of achieving optimal health through living, plant-based foods. Highly sought after speaker and champion of intention-based living, Adam shares how to awaken an abundance of energy and vitality without giving up your favourite foods. Visit him online to take his newest "7 Day Gluten-Free Challenge."