Now due to my sensitivities the days of gluten filled breads and unhealthy cheeses are long gone, but love for pesto is here to stay. Finding a store-bought pesto without the added dairy is usually quite tricky. Fortunately, making it is so easy.
- 2 cups soaked and rinsed pistachios
- 2 cups of fresh and rinsed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cold pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 small slove of garlic
Soak the pistachios for at least an hour and then put all ingredients into the Vitamix on low to medium and blend until you reach a thick, dark green pesto. This mixture was thick and delicious. If you’d like it a bit more runny you can add a bit more olive oil. We put this pesto on our Heirloom lasagna. What are some other raw meal ideas you would recommend for this pesto?
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Shed Water Weight with this Green Smoothie - Sep 4, 2015
- 5 Thyroid Friendly Foods if You Have Low Thyroid - Sep 3, 2015
- These 4 Women Ate Raw Food for 21 Days, Wow this Is Amazing! - Sep 3, 2015