I remember the very first time I tried pesto. I was in grade 7, and my foster mom gave me a bagel with pesto cream cheese. I was in heaven, pesto was my favourite sauce, I couldn’t get enough! She would make me these delicious bagels on the regular, super yummy.
Now due to my sensitivities the days of gluten filled breads and unhealthy cheeses are long gone, but love for pesto is here to stay. Finding a store-bought pesto without the added dairy is usually quite tricky. Fortunately, making it is so easy.
- 2 cups soaked and rinsed pistachios
- 2 cups of fresh and rinsed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cold pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 small slove of garlic
Soak the pistachios for at least an hour and then put all ingredients into the Vitamix on low to medium and blend until you reach a thick, dark green pesto. This mixture was thick and delicious. If you’d like it a bit more runny you can add a bit more olive oil. We put this pesto on our Heirloom lasagna. What are some other raw meal ideas you would recommend for this pesto?
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Young and Raw Holiday Bundle: 30 Day Meal Plans for $5 - Dec 19, 2014
- These 3 Ingredients in a Tea Will Boost Your Iron Levels Without a Supplement - Nov 21, 2014
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014