The Macadamia Truffle Ricotta is sweet, salty, with the perfect texture. It’s not often that I catch Caleb licking cheese from the spoon, this recipe is bang on, you’ve gotta try it out for yourself! You’re guests will LOVE it. Let’s get real for a second, raw food doesn’t often consist of fancy nut cheeses and dehydrated recipes, in fact, it’s so much more simple than that. However, if you’re serving a fancy gourmet raw meal or if you’re hoping to create something special for yourself that will replace cheese in a recipe, this one is a winner. This cheese is great on the Heirloom Lasagna too!
Macadamia Truffle Ricotta Cheese:
- 1 Cups Macadamia Nuts
- 1-2 lemons, juiced or squeezed (liquid only)
- 1 tsp Truffle Sea Salt (if you can’t find it, try truffle oil instead, it really blows up the flavour in a great way)
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup water or coconut water
- 2 tbsp. Fresh or Dried Herbs of your choice
Instructions: Put all ingredients in the Vitamix and blend on medium, constantly mixing with your Vitamix tool until the consistency is thick, creamy and very fluffy! If you need to add more water you can, but be mindful that the mixture thickens quite quickly and just a little too much water can have the cheese running … and we’d like it to stay for dinner haha.
Mmm, beautiful, fresh organic herbs! What are some of your favourite herbs to play with in the kitchen? I’d love some more suggestions. Leave your comments below!
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Young and Raw Holiday Bundle: 30 Day Meal Plans for $5 - Dec 19, 2014
- These 3 Ingredients in a Tea Will Boost Your Iron Levels Without a Supplement - Nov 21, 2014
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014