Fall can be a really busy time for most people. Getting back on to your regular schedule doesn’t have to be hard; it just takes a little extra time and a bit of planning. Try making your lunches before you go to bed and don’t forget to have some healthy snack options to get you through the week.
A great on-the-go snack is my Sweet Roasted Pecans. They are sweet & salty and a much healthier snack option than hitting a vending machine or the coffee shop. They are super easy to make head of time and will give you some extra energy during your busy day! Oh Yeah!
- 2 cups (500mL) pecan halves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raw cane sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Himalayan crystal salt
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F (120˚C).
- Spread the pecans evenly onto a large baking sheet and place on the oven’s centre rack. Mix the pecans occasionally until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Once they are browned, place the pecans into a large mixing bowl with the coconut oil, sugar and salt. Mix all ingredients until each pecan has been coated.
- Return the pecans to the baking sheet and roast in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Set the pecans aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator. These roasted pecans will keep for up to a month. Makes 2 cups (500 mL).
Power of Food Tip: Try adding some hemp seeds to the mix before the final two minutes of baking.