As a busy actor among other things, I find myself having to eat out a lot. To avoid eating at fast-food joints or less than stellar restaurants, I like to pack my own lunches. When I return home, I also like to prepare delicious recipes for my partner and I to share.
I’ve been waiting all season long to create my own raw soup. Being super cold here in Melbourne, I’ve had to wait it out for the lovely soup ingredients I’m craving to come into season again. I went into my favourite organic market the other day and snapped up a massive bag of tomatoes for $3, then went straight home to create my very first raw soup recipe! I’m so grateful for the opportunity to share this recipe with you today on YoungandRaw.com.
- 3-4 whole tomatoes
- 1/2 1 leek
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 avocado
- small can of organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 cup water
- good dash of organic tamari
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 2-3 cups of mixed greens (I used parsley, kale, silverbeet, corriander)
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 tsp sea salt (or good pinch of Himalayan pink salt)
1. At least half an hour before, finely slice the leek and garlic and cover with juice of the lemon and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside and let it sit.
2. Wash and chop all your veggies so they easily blend. If you have a high-powered blender, you don’t need to chop the pieces as small.
3. Place your tomatoes in the blender with the salt and blend.
4. Pour half mixture into a big beautiful soup pot.
5. Place the miso paste and water in a small bowl and mix until well incorporated. Place all remaining ingredients into the blender, blend really well, then pour into your soup pot and mix well with the tomatoes.
This recipe gets better with time for the flavours to meld together, so you can make the day before or a few hours, although it’s awesome and alive eaten straight away! I added some pre cooked french lentils, omit these or sprout them if you want your soup recipe to remain exclusively raw. Garnish with a drizzle of EVOO and some edible flowers, like nasturtium!
This has brought about an incredible journey with massive ups and super dark lows, to a self healer and health intuitive/junkie!As a retired partier and weight concious starver, it gives me such incredible joy and warmth sharing my ups and downs and amazing findings with you guys- there's SO much information and knowledge out there to help ALL people live happy, healthy and wealthy lives- it's possible!!! Through my learnings and experiences, I'd LOVE to share with you all how to eat extremely healthily when you're super busy and away from home, how to prepare rawesome dinners and snacks for your families, and how to achieve your goals and dreams in life through cleansing and balancing your chakras! HURRAH! Peace and love Tx
You can also help Tegan and he husband realize their dreams of opening a community garden by reading about their project here - http://pozible.com/compost