Ditch the dairy and try this coconut milk gelato! Making your own frozen desserts at home is so much fun and way healthier for you than anything you’ll find in store. Even the healthiest store bought ice creams or gelatos generally have added sugars, like agave nectar or cane sugar. No one’s saying you have to be perfect, but what I am saying is that you can have the perfect dessert! Like this one, it’s super simple with just a few ingredients and very easy to make.
If you’ve got a Vitamix or high powered blender, a masticating juicer, or an ice cream maker then you’re all set!
- 2-3 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp raw carob powder
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
Instructions: Place all ingredients in the Vitamix or high-powered blender and blend on high using your plunger tool to mix and get a creamy consistency. Serve in bowls or blend longer with more milk and pour as a smoothie.
A few quick facts about Carob:
1. Carob is a legume, that is often substituted in the place of chocolate. It has no caffeine so is a safer alternative for young children, and some naturopaths may even recommend it for digestive upset. Carob contains Vitamins A, B, B2, B3 & D
2. High in fibre, and has been used for the treatment of diarrhea.
3. Has been known to reduce LDL cholesterol in men and women after 6 weeks of use.
4. It’s naturally sweet, with a rich taste of chocolate and caramel.
5. Great for children because it has no caffeine like regular chocolate.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016