Gone gluten-free? Who knew gluten-free, vegan pasta could taste so good! This flavorful pasta dish quick and easy, turns out in about 30 minutes, and could also be made with spiralized zucchini noodles instead of gluten-free pasta.
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta or 2 large zucchini for raw spiralized noodles
- 3 tbsp. MCT oil or coconut oil
- juice of one lemon, about ¼ cup
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 8 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 20 cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley or basil (according to preference)
1. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in small dry skillet over very low heat, stirring constantly, until pale tan and aromatic, 3-5 minutes. Watch because they will burn quickly if they get too hot. Set aside.
2. Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to directions on package, until just tender. Drain; return to pot. Stir in 2 tbsp. oil, then add lemon juice, olives, scallions, capers and pine nuts. Stir and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in large skillet until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes; saute’, stirring constantly, just until slightly browned and softened, 5-6 six minutes; do not over cook. Remove from heat.
4. Place pot with pasta over low heat, stirring, 2 minutes until heated through. Stir in parsley or basil and serve topped with tomatoes.