Breads and cheeses are some of the top habits that people tell me are too hard to kick. This is easy to understand, because food has been so deeply engrained into our culture. Today our grains are far more processed (and sprayed) than our grains from the past, so many of us aren’t able to tolerate gluten at all.
There are some great home made gluten free bread recipes you can bake, but today we’re going to try raw bread! Sprouted and gluten free! This can be a fun change, and if you’re eating a lot of raw food, you’ll find a raw bread is grounding.
You’ll need a dehydrator for this recipe, but it’s not that difficult to make.
(Makes about 6-8 slices)
- 2 cups sprouted buckwheat (soak the buckwheat in water overnight, rinse thoroughly)
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- Put ingredients in your food processor and process until you get a dough. Stir before placing on the dehydrator sheet to ensure there are no leftover chunks.
- Spread mixture onto your dehydrator sheets and place trays in the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate for 6-7 hours on 110-115, flip once in between. Some breads may require up to 10 – 18 hours dehydration depending on how malleable you’d like them to be. I like soft and malleable breads so I only dehydrate them for a short amount of time.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016