Getting a good night’s sleep can make you feel energized and improve your health. This post is inspired by my research on sleep and your weight. Here are 5 things you can do to fall asleep faster and stay asleep!
- Eliminate caffeine, especially before bed time. This includes coffee, tea, energy drinks, and pop. Caffeine may be the reason you have a hard time falling asleep.
- Reduce light exposure before bed time. This is a hard one! It is important to stop using light emitting devices such tablets, cell phones, and laptops before bed. These light-emitting screens suppress your melatonin which plays a vital role in sleep. This can influence your sleep quality. If you bring these devices into bed with you- part with them and leave them in another room!
- Try to get rid of the television in your bedroom. Watching television before bed not only exposes you to extra light, but also may be stimulating you and taking you longer to fall asleep.
- Have a calming bed time ritual. Find what calms you, whether it’s taking a hot bath or reading. Try to relax before going to bed.
- Be consistent with your wake-up and bed times. This is another hard one especially on weekends, but it will keep your body scheduled.
Rest up for a healthier you!
Latest posts by ActiveHealthLife (see all)
- 5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Sleep Quality Immediately - Oct 16, 2014
- 9 Ways to Naturally Lower High Blood Pressure with Food - Jul 30, 2014
- 8 Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Breakfast - Apr 12, 2014