When it comes to making recipes that require multiple steps I love to make a larger batch and freeze the rest.
Get a group of friends together and spend a night making 3-4 larger recipe and divide the goods. You will get a variety of recipes and have a great night in the kitchen with people you love. Try this burger with a grain-free biscuit for the recipe visit our website.
- 2 1/2 cups Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- 3 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 medium Carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds, chopped
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- Flax Eggs: 2 tbsp Ground Flax + 1/3 cup warm water, mixed in bowl
- 1 tsp. Rock Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
1. Wash and prepare all ingredients accordingly. Mix your flax egg together in a small bowl and set aside for at least 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté diced onions and minced garlic in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil for 2 minutes. Add diced red pepper, jalapeño, grated carrot and chopped parsley. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, process rolled oats into a fine powder and the chickpeas into a course puree. Place all ingredients, including “flax egg” into a large bowl.
5. Mix dough together until well combined (we like to use our hands). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for about an hour
6. Scoop 1/3 cup of dough into a cake ring and pack dough tightly down. If you do not have a cake ring simply shape into patties.
7. Bake on a parchment-lined baking pan for 25–30 minutes (15–17 minutes on each side) at 350°F, until golden and crisp. To reheat: Fry the burgers in a bit of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
* Freeze uncooked burgers in freeze-safe container for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1/4-1/3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 soft Medjool dates
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes or 1 Thai Red Chili
Directions: Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust liquid to achieve desired consistency.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015